Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

PBL letter

 This term we had a rotation with each teacher. With Mrs Carney we did early settlers at we had to create a letter as if we were in waka (boat) on the way to new Zealand so that is what I have chosen to share with you today.



Dear Elizabeth


I am very sorry to say farewell. I am going to ride a waka right across the ocean to try find a new
start to life I don't know what I will find there and if I will survive thats why I am sending this lette
r to you. I am bringing with me five fish, ten fruit and thirteen bali loaves and I also have a hole trunk
off clothes pieces of paper and a pen to write letters plus some things for survival  I don't know how long
I am going to be on this boat for but people have said that it could take up to two months roughly so far I
have seen so many things such as wildlife and I can hear a faint sound of birds tweeting further ahead of
me I had some water but I drank it all so now I have no choice but to to drink salt water it is nothing like
home but its beautiful what more could I ask for anyway the trip was horrible I could not even sleep because
of the loud sound off water crashing against the waka it sounded like someone was banging a hammer
against the waka and when I looked ahead of me all I could see was fog but it was worth it because we
found what we were looking for and we just arrived on a beautiful piece of land, we decided to call it
Aotearoa, the land just looks like dirt dirt dirt with some hills and a few puddles of mud it is a rough
start but I can definitely see a better future living here I just had to carry my trunk all the way up 
over a hill and my skirt got ripped from all the rocks we made some huts and were trying to find
a way to make a stove so we can cook some food on it

Sincerely from you best friend Mimi



if you were to ride a waka what would you bring with you ?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post